Each financial year, the Eastern Cape Department of Health awards bursary funds to deserving South African students living in EC and who wish to pursue studies within the Health sector.
Application forms can be collected at any Eastern Cape District Office and Applicants must be South African citizens residing in the Eastern Cape and willing to work in rural areas after completion of studies.
Bursary Application Requirements:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest Matric results (mid year) OR Matric certificate if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic results if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of admission to tertiary institution
- Proof of address
- Parents/ guardians proof of income
The following fields of study are available: Nursing Science, Ultra Sound Radiography Pharmacy (B), Optometry (B), Dentistry (BChD), Oral Hygiene (ND), Clinical Psychology (Masters), Clinical Associates (Degree), Paramedic / Medical care – Emergency Dietetics / Nutrition (Bsc), Speech and Audio Therapy (Bsc), Therapy – Occupational (Bsc) and Physiotherapy (Bsc). This is subject to change depending on the need of the Department.
Contact the Department of Health Eastern Cape,
Dukumbana Building, Independance Avenue
Bhisho – 5605
Phone: 08000 32364