What you need to know:
- What is SASSA:- Stands for South African Social Security Agency;
- That SASSA is a national agency of the government that distributes social grants on behalf of the Department of Social Development.
- That these social grants are provided to help improve standards of living in society and are given to people who are vulnerable
to poverty and in need of state support, which include older people, people with disabilities, and people with young children.
How To Register An Online Account – SASSA
To register an online SASSA account here is how you do it;
- Go to: https://services.sassa.gov.za/Account/Register
- Fill out the user registration
- Provide your personal details such as your name, surname, ID number etc.
- Provide an email address as well as your phone number.(make sure that your contact details are updated and you use them regularly as you may receive communication from SASSA on it)
- Provide a password, which you will make use of when signing into your SASSA account.
Once you have registered an online SASSA account you will be able to sign into it and apply for grants.
All applicants need to be South African citizens, permanent residents or refugees living in South Africa.
For any other services related to your SASSA account namely:
- Apply for a grant
- Update personal details
- Contact grant customer support.